next/prev images getting centered to desktop

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Koogle

next/prev images getting centered to desktop

Post by Koogle »

aaargh its sooo annoying..maybe I'm missing something, whats the settings or image workflow ,quick shortcuts etc for dealing with this.

example.. you open an image.. its opens centered to the desktop, thats fine for the first run.. but if I move the xnview window to another area of my desktop.. and then mousewheel to goto the next image in dir... it moves the xnview window back to center again.. aargh I can't find the setting that locks the titlebar position. I mainly talking about images here that are mid, low res in comparison to my desktop resolution... and capable of fitting without any resizing.

for the larger images of whcih I have this setting by default... [fit image to desktop, large only] it would also still be nice if moved the xnview window to another area once I've already opened an image up and its resized the window and image to fit desktop.. that when I goto the next image, it doesn't center again.. but stays locked in position and adjusts its window sizing from there.

I just think it could be better handled with some more options on locking the xy position of the window but getting the same resizing scale as if it were still going by the desktop resolution scaling... I'd ratther lmb move around the image within its opened window size while not having to constantly move the the entire window frame away from the center of the screen everytime I change next/prev image.
Koogle

Re: next/prev images getting centered to desktop

Post by Koogle »

this problem still around ...

and its even worse with multimonitor setup... if you move xnview to another display and then change image to another with [fit image to desktop, large only] on.. then the entire window moves to the default display monitor.. regardless of the program originally being on another monitor display.. I would have liked if it at least stuck to the same display even if it does have to center images...

and the problem of it centering the program for large images is fine (ie for this option [fit image to desktop, large only]) .. but for images that are not large, it would be better if the position of the topleft corner of the program stayed the same, and only the rest of the of window size was resized to fit a smaller image.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: next/prev images getting centered to desktop

Post by xnview »

do you use 'Force XnView to fit image'?
Pierre.