Zip file support

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

molitar

Zip file support

Post by molitar »

Why no true zip file support? For this primary reason I have to go back to ACDSee 5.x so that I can read my scanlations. I tried the deluxe version but even that does not properly support zip files I get errors about improper format yet they are made the normal way in winzip 9.x. Also when you do double click to view a file you can't go to previous image or the next without going back to the browser which has I noticed switched to the temp folder and I have to manually go all the way back to the zip file I was working on. Very poor archive support.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Zip file support

Post by xnview »

molitar wrote:Why no true zip file support? For this primary reason I have to go back to ACDSee 5.x so that I can read my scanlations. I tried the deluxe version but even that does not properly support zip files I get errors about improper format yet they are made the normal way in winzip 9.x. Also when you do double click to view a file you can't go to previous image or the next without going back to the browser which has I noticed switched to the temp folder and I have to manually go all the way back to the zip file I was working on. Very poor archive support.
Could you send me a .zip sample?
Pierre.
molitar

Post by molitar »

I sent you a zip file sample to your webmaster email account.