Print dialog: Caption and Header/Footer

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Peter2
XnThusiast

Print dialog: Caption and Header/Footer

Post by Peter2 »

The "caption" dialogue has a lot of "logical functions" (date, name, exif, ..) which can be used.

Header and Footer have only "Page Number" and "Page Count".

To my mind the disadvantage of caption is that its position is depending by picture height, and different pictures produce captions on a different position. Searching for information in a lot of printed pictures can be very hard job ...

So I think it would be fine if all the logical functions can be used in Header and Footer too.

And maybe there can be an option for "right align / centered / left align" header and footer??

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Print dialog: Caption and Header/Footer

Post by xnview »

Peter2 wrote: So I think it would be fine if all the logical functions can be used in Header and Footer too.

And maybe there can be an option for "right align / centered / left align" header and footer??
But the problem is: Which picture info must i take for header/footer?
Pierre.
Peter2
XnThusiast

Re: Print dialog: Caption and Header/Footer

Post by Peter2 »

xnview wrote:But the problem is: Which picture info must i take for header/footer?
I think this could be only a problem when I want to print more then one picture on one sheet of paper. When I print only one picture per sheet I can add all the logical (dyynamic?) functions - used in caption - to header and footer.

Peter
XnViewMP 1.6.5 German, XnConvert 1.99, Win 10