Addons/Plugins/...

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Drahken

Post by Drahken »

Just uploaded an image with the FTP plugin, seems to work fine. However, there's a typo in the menu entry: "FTP Transfert (1.0)"
Clo
XnThusiast

For once---

Post by Clo »

;) It's the French spelling…

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Addons/Plugins/...

Post by xnview »

I've added a plugin to create Flash file from pictures, and export to ImageShack
Pierre.
ckv

Post by ckv »

xnview wrote:I've added a plugin to create Flash file from pictures, and export to ImageShack
Cool thanks. :)
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
Android

Post by Android »

Can you correct ImageShack plugin. I need upload many images to my site.
And it will be cool to upload them from XnView.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Pierre.
Dianandan

PlugIn for .SIM ?

Post by Dianandan »

Hello, I'm looking for the possibility to read files with extension .SIM Suposedly been created ith Aurora Graphics... XnView is reported to be able to do this, but... doesn't ... Can you give some hint ? Thanks in advance. Daniel
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: PlugIn for .SIM ?

Post by xnview »

Dianandan wrote:Hello, I'm looking for the possibility to read files with extension .SIM Suposedly been created ith Aurora Graphics... XnView is reported to be able to do this, but... doesn't ... Can you give some hint ? Thanks in advance. Daniel
Enable option/Geenral/Use all formats, and if you have always the problem, send me a file
Pierre.
anonymous_user

Post by anonymous_user »

Any chance arrows can be added to the paint plugin? I sometimes use them when editing screenshots.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

anonymous_user wrote:Any chance arrows can be added to the paint plugin? I sometimes use them when editing screenshots.
You have arrow in the paint plugin????
Pierre.
anonymous_user

Post by anonymous_user »

No, I mean I use the arrows in a different program.
foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis »

anonymous_user wrote:Any chance arrows can be added to the paint plugin? I sometimes use them when editing screenshots.
Yes, development time should be wasted including a minor feature that other software does much better. How much point is there in using something less powerful than MS Paint?

This might be an unpopular position, but I'd just like to register that my feelings are that a paint plugin should be little more than a tool that saves an image to png in a temp folder (like %temp%), opens a chosen image editor, and when the editor is closed re-imports the image. (With ctrl-z support, one of my pet peeves with editplus is that it wipes out undo history when it re-imports.) If no preferred editor has been chosen, it could quickly look for registry keys of popular software and give the user the choice of tools. Most software does this for activities outside their core competencies, particularly with email.

If the paint plugin's just plain fun to make, then far be it for me to deny it. But if it isn't, then I really just don't see any way that it can make sense.

Time to put my money where my mouth is and start such a plugin if I want to see it, I guess.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

foxyshadis wrote:This might be an unpopular position, but I'd just like to register that my feelings are that a paint plugin should be little more than a tool that saves an image to png in a temp folder (like %temp%), opens a chosen image editor, and when the editor is closed re-imports the image.
Well, at least it's popular with moi 8)
Gamani ([url=http://www.gamani.com/product_animated.htm]GIF Movie Gear: Animation Features[/url]) wrote:LiveEdit lets you edit a frame or the whole animation (as layers in Photoshop) directly in the image editor of your choice. Changes saved in the editor appear automatically in GMG.
Corel ([url=http://support.corel.com/scripts/rightnow.cfg/php.exe/enduser/std_adp.php?&p_faqid=758630]Can I use Animation Shop 3 with Paint Shop Pro X?[/url]) wrote:Animation Shop 3 includes a Export Frames to Paint Shop Pro feature, whereby you can export your animation to PSP, and then update it back in Animation Shop again.
herr_k.

Post by herr_k. »

@paint-plugin: its good to only have some puristic features, but in my opinion a simple freehandbrush should be available,
to make some pixelcorrections by hand.
and you could also paint a little arrow with it ;).

@imageshack uploader: how about a little indicator that shows what is happening while uploading?
often when i upload an (bigger) image xnview freezes completely for a minute or two and then nothing happend at all afterwards. maybe an uploading/error information in the statusbar?

thanks
Clo
XnThusiast

Ignored

Post by Clo »

:arrow: herr_k

:) Hello !

• Xpaint : SIGH… ;)

:mrgreen: VG
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice