Major Memory leak

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView Classic.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

wOLVERINe

Major Memory leak

Post by wOLVERINe »

Hi,

At times as I browse my reference directory (only jpgs)., XNView just freezes for a few seconds and continues.. Other times it freezes totally and If I popup the Task Manager all of a sudden it uses 1.2GB of virtual memory and Memory Usage goes from 10 MB to 1100MB within 10 seconds.. Neither of these are image specific btw.. It does this randomly on the files.

Also.. During these freezes that 'do' get to continue after a few seconds XNView isn't using any CPU. Which is kind of weird since you would think if it's computing something it should be using a bit of CPU.. Or might this be a I/O problem ? (Don't have this problem with ACDSee Classic)..

Awesome tool btw, it even supports Maya IFF, HDRI and OpenEXR..
Keep up the good work.. I hope you can solve the memory problem.

Cheers,
wOlv.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Major Memory leak

Post by xnview »

wOLVERINe wrote:At times as I browse my reference directory (only jpgs)., XNView just freezes for a few seconds and continues.. Other times it freezes totally and If I popup the Task Manager all of a sudden it uses 1.2GB of virtual memory and Memory Usage goes from 10 MB to 1100MB within 10 seconds.. Neither of these are image specific btw.. It does this randomly on the files.
Also.. During these freezes that 'do' get to continue after a few seconds XNView isn't using any CPU. Which is kind of weird since you would think if it's computing something it should be using a bit of CPU.. Or might this be a I/O problem ? (Don't have this problem with ACDSee Classic)..
You have only JPEG files? Which picture size?
Pierre.
wOLVERINe

Post by wOLVERINe »

Correction.. JPEG and GIF files in the folder (280 files)... nothing else.
The size ranges from 852x576 to 1075x1708..

Cheers,
wOLv.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

wOLVERINe wrote:Correction.. JPEG and GIF files in the folder (280 files)... nothing else.
The size ranges from 852x576 to 1075x1708..
And if you try only jpeg?
Pierre.
wOLVERINe

Post by wOLVERINe »

Does it with jpegs only... I haven't had this with gifs only yet..
The way I do this is I go through the list REALLY quick...

Cheers,
wOLV.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

wOLVERINe wrote:Does it with jpegs only... I haven't had this with gifs only yet..
The way I do this is I go through the list REALLY quick...
When you browse quickly your jpeg files, you have a freeze?
Do you have "Read ahead" & "Cache behind" option?
Pierre.