Append PDF

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

hannesd

Append PDF

Post by hannesd »

Hi!

I would like to have an option to append an existing PDF file with the content I want to save.

In the save file dialog I select an existing file and click save. A confirmation dialog pops up, where I can choose if I want to overwrite the existing file or not. Here I would add a button "append".

Thanks
Hannes
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Append PDF

Post by xnview »

you have create multipage
Pierre.
hannesd

Post by hannesd »

Thanks for the answer, but your suggestion does not work if I have an existing PDF file, which I want to extend.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

hannesd wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 9:38 am I would like to have an option to append an existing PDF file with the content I want to save.

In the save file dialog I select an existing file and click save. A confirmation dialog pops up, where I can choose if I want to overwrite the existing file or not. Here I would add a button "append".
It might be helpful if you could clarify what you are requesting:

The PDF file format supports attaching a file to a PDF, which could be considered to be 'appended' to the file; I've never used that option myself, but I believe LibreOffice provides the option when a PDF is saved. I believe for example an image file or a Word file can probably be attached to the PDF, and would become part of the file. If you mean 'appending' in that sense, LibreOffice Writer or Draw might provide a solution.

But I suspect that you are requesting an option be added to add an image (or maybe multiple images) to an existing image PDF, to create a multi-page image PDF?