Filter by Keywords from IPTC or XMP

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

CoSpi

Filter by Keywords from IPTC or XMP

Post by CoSpi »

Hi, I would like to have feature which will filter pictures in folder by keywords found in IPTC or XMP.
It can work like this:
When folder is selected or with subfolders as well, pictures are loaded to grid. At this time XnView will build TreeView with keywords found in pictures with numbers of pictures with each keyword. And also it can support keywords like (TagA.TagB.TagC, TagA|TagB|TagC, TagA-TagB-TagC, or other combinations) for building multilevel tree with keywords to select. This keywords will by with option "All" and "Without keyword" as well and it will by possible to select more than one keyword to filter pictures.
When I change the folder, new keywords treeview will by build, so I can easily see which keywords are available for the pictures that I see in the grid.
And I can of course view pictures fullscreen filtered by the keywords I selected.
No data in DB please, I want to have all the information stored in picture, so if I move it somewhere else, I can still use this filtering.

Thank you so much for think about it.

Martin
CoSpi

Re: Filter by Keywords from IPTC or XMP

Post by CoSpi »

nobody want this feature??
balkanboy

Post by balkanboy »

I just found this thread. Even if it is an old thread I wanted to say I also need this option. The only reason i use Adobe Bridge is keywords management. It would be great to open a folder and filter images by keywords. I find Categories list unnecessary and confusing. It would be much simpler to navigate and input keywords in massive collections of images with keywords list under a folder tree. Also, big thanks to the author of the program - it is awesome!
Francesco60

Post by Francesco60 »

Yes I want it