Option to see pictures tiled!

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

jeeg

Option to see pictures tiled!

Post by jeeg »

Hello!
People who works for videogames very often needs to see the picture they are working on in a repeated pattern (tiled).
In other words the picture is repeated again and again in a grid, in vertical and horizontal.
It's very useful to see if their picture is good for tiling.

I would like to use Xnview for that. The user could activate the "tiled" feature in the viewer and done!

I hope to see this little feature in the future.
jeeg

Re: Option to see pictures tiled!

Post by jeeg »

Ooooh...it's time to try XnviewMp again...
Thank you.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

It's not very useful in the preview pane in the browser view unfortunately as you can't scale the image to inspect seams or get an idea how it looks at different scaled sizes. It's even a bigger issue when dealing with large titling images or textures. I know there are a few paid image viewers that come to mind that can do this like ThumbsPlus or very old CompuPic. You can do this in Krita paint program as well with its wrap around mode, but it's a lot of program to load just to view as titled compared to the quicker XnViewMP. Seems like a no brainer feature to add, but understand if it's too much work to add the, "view as tiled" to the image view. Are there any other freeware or opensource image viewers that anyone knows of that have a titling image view feature? TIA!
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome to newsgroup.xnview.com, xaGe (-:
Please start a new topic in the “Suggestions” section of the MP forum.
xaGe

Post by xaGe »

Ok I shall, thanks for the suggestions.