zoom & screen (pixel) size

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

gautxori

zoom & screen (pixel) size

Post by gautxori »

i'd like to control image zoom, so that i see how many pixels the image occupies on screen. So, could you implement a couple of features?:
- besides defining the zoom in a % of the original image size, allow also to define the zoom by the size of the image in screen pixels.
- display in the status line, the size in screen pixels of the image as viewed with the current zoom (is this info shown somewhere?)

thanks
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: zoom & screen (pixel) size

Post by xnview »

gautxori wrote: - besides defining the zoom in a % of the original image size, allow also to define the zoom by the size of the image in screen pixels.
I don't understand, could you show an example?
- display in the status line, the size in screen pixels of the image as viewed with the current zoom (is this info shown somewhere?)
Why you need this information? :)
Pierre.
gautxori

Post by gautxori »

xnview wrote:
gautxori wrote: - besides defining the zoom in a % of the original image size, allow also to define the zoom by the size of the image in screen pixels.
I don't understand, could you show an example?
Why you need this information? :)
Because i want to fix in my PC screen the screen size for a different device (which is another screen, instead of being a printing device). Using the % zoom factor, i have to manually compute the zoom and fix it (not very difficult, just uncomfortable). So, output units for me are pixels, instead of centimeters or inches, or a relative size.
gautxori

Post by gautxori »

I think there's some work to do about working with several displays which have different dpi. In a 'multimonitor desktop', not all the images are shown with the same size in different displays, you have to play with the zoom,...