Having said that, there are a few features that would make it even more useful for someone who is working a lot on Digital Content Creation (not so much on photography):
- better support for floating-point High Dynamic Range (HDR) images (OpenEXR, *.HDR, floating point TIFF): some simple exposure adjustment, correct pixel value in color picker
- a better color picker that not only reports RGB, but also HSV, Lab etc.
- a histogram, for each color channel as well as for luminance
- display of individual color channels, including alpha
- An option to remember the zoom settings - right now, I zoom into an image, hit PgDn for the next, then PgUp again and my zoom is lost
- better caching of 'neighboring' images - right now, only the 'previous' image loads fast, not the 'next' (even if that was open before the 'previous'). If this were faster, it would be easier to compare two images
- an "image compare mode" would be great - it loads two images and then the user can slide a split screen between the two (see Adobe Lightroom for an example)