'X' to close tabs

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

thibaud wrote:
LMB double-click on tab = Close document (Notepad++, PSPad, UltraEdit, etc.)
ts tss tss... you must have been configuring that yourself.
lmb double click on tabs does nothing in notepad++
You However forgot to mention that they All use mmb to close tab.
Uh-oh, is it time yet again for some “dérision de soi-même” of yours?! Don't be alarmed, no-one is going to take away your favorite toy. Now go MMB-triple-tisk yo'self, Monsieur le Directeur...
Last edited by XnTriq on Wed Dec 31, 2008 11:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
thibaud

Post by thibaud »

Uh-oh, is it time yet again for some “dérision de soi-même” of yours?! Don't be alarmed, no-one is going to take away your favorite toy.

* SourceForge.net Project News: Notepad++ new release – v3.9
* PSPad History: v4.5.3 11/25/2007
* IDM Forum: Double click on open file tab to maximize

Now go MMB-triple-tisk yo'self, Monsieur le Directeur...
I'm puzzled, did I miss something :? - don't tell me I yet again offended you in some mysterious way..
and, which toy is that ?
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

Koogle wrote:double click on a tab should change to fullscreen display.
It is unfair to put my statements out of context. I wrote:

a double click on a tab should change to fullscreen display. At least this is what I would expect 'intuitively' from such a function.

So if my 'intuition' does not match yours or others - no problem, that's why we are discussing this issue.
Koogle

Post by Koogle »

I didn't put your statement out of context, I just didn't totally agree with it

can't you see double clicking on a tab to make it fullscreen isn't that great, its not terrible either though... and we should probably clear up the issue of by fullscreen do you mean maximised window.. or fullscreen no titlebar

either way.. dbl clicking on the actual image in xnview is a better more intuitive method to me.. because when you are in fullscreen.. there is no tab bar.. or tabs for that matter... its a one way thing... ...at least when in fullscreen you can dbl click on the image again to go back out of fullscreen.. faster than pressing [esc] etc ... so to me that one way function like that is just wrong.

anyway whatever right now there is no option to set what the dbl action on a tab button can do anyway, its defaulted to close and thats fine.. i don't use it but whatever.. i'm sure xnview guy is reading more customizability on these things hotkeys/mouse buttons and lots easily set actions is the way to go :) and everyone would be happy... then you could have your tab dbl click action goto fullscreen :) and I could have it do something else instead like detaching that tabbed image out of that xnview window and into another instance of xnview :D
pic_viewer

Post by pic_viewer »

thibaud wrote:So basically you are cutting out default mmb functionality from all (there's hopefully an exclude list) your windows applications.
and requesting developers not to rely on it just because your third party gadget is using it ?
Point taken. :-)