Export Dialog - Remember last folder

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Rebooter

Export Dialog - Remember last folder

Post by Rebooter »

I'd like to see the 'File | Export...' dialog remember the last folder saved to. As it is, it seems to use the last folder used by the 'File | Save As...' dialog.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Export Dialog - Remember last folder

Post by xnview »

Hum, don't know. Which solution is better?
Use the original folder or the last folder?
Pierre.
helmut

Post by helmut »

xnview wrote:Hum, don't know. Which solution is better?
Use the original folder or the last folder?
Same problem as for "Save as...". I think the solution is a smart preset, see topic Usability: Default values for directory fields.
foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis »

So many years later, this is still the same? I absolutely hate having to navigate away from XnView's install folder every single time I export anything that I imported from the clipboard, to the point where I use it less often than I would like to. It seems to always default to the install folder for new images.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

I support the request for a Default "Export To" directory in addition to the existing Default "Copy To" directory and Default "Move To" directory.
foxyshadis wrote:I absolutely hate having to navigate away from XnView's install folder every single time I export anything that I imported from the clipboard, to the point where I use it less often than I would like to. It seems to always default to the install folder for new images.
Have you tried setting the Startup Directory to Current (Tools » Options... » General » Operations » Startup) as a workaround?
You may also want to deactivate Purge 'Most Recently Used Files & Directories' on exit in Tools » Options... » Interface » Interface » Recent lists.