How do I bulk tag all pics in a folder?

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Doogle

How do I bulk tag all pics in a folder?

Post by Doogle »

The FAQ's in this forum seem aimed at a higher experience level than I am. I just installed XnView Classic because it was rated high. All I want to do is tag some or all pictures in some of my folders. I have 30,000 pictures total. In some folders all pics need to be tag the same. I can't find a way to tag all, other than clicking on each individual check box. Hundreds of clicks per folder. I'm sure there is a way. I just haven't found it.
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How do I bulk tag all pics in a folder?

Post by cday »

Doogle wrote: Mon May 10, 2021 11:38 am The FAQ's in this forum seem aimed at a higher experience level than I am. I just installed XnView Classic because it was rated high. All I want to do is tag some or all pictures in some of my folders. I have 30,000 pictures total. In some folders all pics need to be tag the same. I can't find a way to tag all, other than clicking on each individual check box. Hundreds of clicks per folder. I'm sure there is a way. I just haven't found it.
You might consider if you would be better starting with XnView MP, which is under active development and has enhanced image management functions...
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

I installed XnView MP and see no difference. I still can't find how to tag all 300 pictures in a folder without clicking on each box. And speaking of pictures, could someone explain the difference between pictures and photographs in the Categories section? Be gentle, I'm an old man.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Select your files, go in 'category sets', enter the keyword or click it
Pierre.
Doogle

Post by Doogle »

I wanted to know how to select all files without actually clicking on each individual file-hundreds of them. I gave up, uninstalled, and installed Tag Spaces.
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Doogle wrote: Tue May 11, 2021 4:52 pm I wanted to know how to select all files without actually clicking on each individual file-hundreds of them. I gave up, uninstalled, and installed Tag Spaces.
I don't tag files myself, but I see in the browser that there is an option Edit > Select all which was what you needed?

Looking again, the usual Crtl-A also selects all displayed files in a folder.