Save JPEG: how to see the old/new file size and image?

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

vedavrata

Save JPEG: how to see the old/new file size and image?

Post by vedavrata »

When i save a JPEG file, i just can specify a "Quality" (%) but i can not see the old and the new file size, as well can not see the image difference (what i would lose), can't i ?..

How to see the both old (original) / new (will be saved) file sizes of JPEG file?
How to see the both old (original) image / new (will be saved) image simulaneously [in two modes "Fit to half a widnow / fit to half a widnow" and "No fit / no fit (i.e. 1:1 / 1:1)"] to evaluate visual quality ?

FYI: I use Linux (X11) version 1.70 of XnView under Ubuntu Linux.

Thank you.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: Save JPEG: how to see the old/new file size and image?

Post by XnTriq »

Hello vedavrata :-)

XnView v1.70 for Linux is no longer under active development, but the new multi-platform edition of XnView has this kind of feature (Tools » Export).
vedavrata

Re: Save JPEG: how to see the old/new file size and image?

Post by vedavrata »

XnTriq wrote: XnView v1.70 for Linux is no longer under active development, but the new multi-platform edition of XnView has this kind of feature (Tools » Export).
Thank you, friend! :-)
I installed the multi-platform edition of XnView (XnViewMP), and it seems to be great!
But this Tools » Export is available only from "Browser mode", but i can not forced it to work from "File mode", :( neither by the Toolbar, nor by Shortcut keys (Ctrl-Alt-S)... :-(

Thank you very much!