installing on a wince (arm) machine

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

majorid

installing on a wince (arm) machine

Post by majorid »

Hi, I installed your viewer on my Dell Axim and it works great! Thanks alot for a great program.
My question though is that I am also trying to install it on a NAV system that is running some chinese version of Win CE. I don't have any other info on that though. I know it is an ARM processor. If I install the ARM cab I get the standard message that it is missing a component. I suspect there are some DLL's that are required by this program that are missing because this is a stripped down version of WinCE. So if you can tell me what DLL's it uses, I should be able to copy them over from another pocketpc.
Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: installing on a wince (arm) machine

Post by xnview »

majorid wrote:Hi, I installed your viewer on my Dell Axim and it works great! Thanks alot for a great program.
My question though is that I am also trying to install it on a NAV system that is running some chinese version of Win CE. I don't have any other info on that though. I know it is an ARM processor. If I install the ARM cab I get the standard message that it is missing a component. I suspect there are some DLL's that are required by this program that are missing because this is a stripped down version of WinCE. So if you can tell me what DLL's it uses, I should be able to copy them over from another pocketpc.
Thanks!
I use only standard windows dll...
Pierre.
majorid

Post by majorid »

xnview wrote: I use only standard windows dll...
Hi Pierre,
Thanks for the fast response! I figured it's a windows dll, but do you know which one (or which ones) you are using? If not, I'll play around with some of the usual suspects and maybe I'll get lucky.
Again, thanks for a great program. This looks like the best photo viewer I've seen out there!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Here is:
Winsock, commctrl, coredll, aygshell, ceshell, commdlg
Pierre.
majorid

Post by majorid »

xnview wrote:Here is:
Winsock, commctrl, coredll, aygshell, ceshell, commdlg
Thank you Pierre, I'll try to load those onto this crazy chinese PDA and see if it works. I'll let you know what I find out in case anyone else tries something like this.