.NET Compact Framework problem

Discussions on XnView for PocketPC

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

MioC310x

.NET Compact Framework problem

Post by MioC310x »

I bought a Mio C310x and hacked it so I can use it as a Pocket PC. It works great, but there must be something left undone because none of the programs that (seem to) depend upon the .NET Compact Framework will run. And that includes XnView. I installed the EXE while Actively Synced to my Mio, and it installed, but when I run it I get an error.

If I install the 1.0 edition, SP3, I get an error stating that this version of .NET isn't new enough to support XnView.

If I install the 2.0 edition on my PC, it appears to install on my Mio but a window flashes only briefly on my Mio screen and then vanishes. I don't think it installs because it's not listed as a removable program in the Control Panel. When I run XnView after installing .NET 2.0 I get an error, but it's not the "this version isn't new enough." The error I get is "cannot find XnPocket".

Can someone tell me exactly which version of .NET is required for XnView? And how can I get 2.0 to install on my C310x?

Thanks!
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: .NET Compact Framework problem

Post by xnview »

MioC310x wrote:I bought a Mio C310x and hacked it so I can use it as a Pocket PC. It works great, but there must be something left undone because none of the programs that (seem to) depend upon the .NET Compact Framework will run. And that includes XnView. I installed the EXE while Actively Synced to my Mio, and it installed, but when I run it I get an error.

If I install the 1.0 edition, SP3, I get an error stating that this version of .NET isn't new enough to support XnView.

If I install the 2.0 edition on my PC, it appears to install on my Mio but a window flashes only briefly on my Mio screen and then vanishes. I don't think it installs because it's not listed as a removable program in the Control Panel. When I run XnView after installing .NET 2.0 I get an error, but it's not the "this version isn't new enough." The error I get is "cannot find XnPocket".

Can someone tell me exactly which version of .NET is required for XnView? And how can I get 2.0 to install on my C310x?

Thanks!
XnView doesn't use .NET!! Is it an ARM processor?
Pierre.
MioC310x

Post by MioC310x »

Hmmm...yes, it's an ARM. Is that good or bad? lol
MioC310x

Post by MioC310x »

Why does it tell me that "this version of .NET isn't new enough to support XnView" if it doesn't use it?
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

MioC310x wrote:
Why does it tell me that "this version of .NET isn't new enough to support XnView" if it doesn't use it?
Sorry but i don't know...
Pierre.