Curves Control points

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

vicsharx

Curves Control points

Post by vicsharx »

Yes with the luminosity curves. Thanks a lot!!! :D :D :D :D

But the RGB curves are buggy. It has not one but several problems.
  • The original problem bug of the luminosity curves remain in the RGB curves
  • There is a new bug, when you create a point you can not drag it simultaneously to relocate it, as it is possible with luminosity curves. You need to create first, release button, and move it then after.
This assuming you have only one channel active, with several active you have even more problems. For start the RGB assumes that you can edit all channels at same time, something that in reality would be edit the luminosity. It should not be allowed edit several channels at same time. There is no purpose for it (even 2 channels) and there is not graphic program that allows it. Also the current implementation of editing the 3 channels at same time is buggy, when you click in the 3 lines overlapping assigns randomly a point of one of the channels. There is simply no way to make a clean edit system for 3 curves overlapping or not and is better avoid it, instead trying to clean their bugs.

In my opinions should be simply not the current luminosity/RGB and then the ticks for each channel but 4 buttons (not ticks or or current dropdown menu) that exclude the rest of the buttons each time you choose one: RGB. R. G. B . Only one button should be active at the same time.
Image 441.png
Image 441.png (9.38 KiB) Viewed 2197 times
Even Photoshop is a pain using a dropdown menu instead buttons for RGB R G B forcing you to use shortcuts
I guess you could use the same code for your current luminosity cloning it for the R G B separate channels as dealing with editing simultaneous channels would not be necessary.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Curves Control points

Post by xnview »

vicsharx wrote: Thu Jan 31, 2019 2:16 pm
  • There is a new bug, when you create a point you can not drag it simultaneously to relocate it, as it is possible with luminosity curves. You need to create first, release button, and move it then after.
This problem was in 0.92 too, right?
In my opinions should be simply not the current luminosity/RGB and then the ticks for each channel but 4 buttons (not ticks or or current dropdown menu) that exclude the rest of the buttons each time you choose one: RGB. R. G. B . Only one button should be active at the same time.
Almost all softwares use dropdown :) but right 4 buttons will be better
Pierre.
vicsharx

Post by vicsharx »

This problem was in 0.92 too, right?
  • Perhaps. I didn't check it before.
Almost all softwares use dropdown :) but right 4 buttons will be better
  • That will be great!!
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details. I'll post here once the problem has been fixed.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.94. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.