JPEG Lossless Transformations not available when launch XnView MP with a file in the command line

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

exener

JPEG Lossless Transformations not available when launch XnView MP with a file in the command line

Post by exener »

Typically, I launch XnView MP by double-clicking on an image file. When I do this, "JPEG Lossless Transformations" are not available (the menuitem is dimmed). Performing a rotate then renders a lossy image.

If, instead, I launch XnView MP without any file specified, then search for the file within XnView, then open the desired file, "JPEG Lossless Transformations" will be available.

I performed extensive testing, and can reproduce this issue 100% of the time.

If I launch xnviewmp.exe from a command prompt, it always works.

If I launch xnviewmp.exe "image.jpg" from a command prompt, the issue always happens.

The location of the image file matters not. I have even tried moving images into XnViewMP's executable folder, and it still does not work.

I also created a file type association to launch xnviewmp.exe with .jpg files, and the same issue is present. Specifically, I assigned the command "C:\testing\xnviewmp.exe" "%1".

I performed all testing using XnView MP 0.98.4 64-bit portable on Win7 64-bit.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: JPEG Lossless Transformations not available when launch XnView MP with a file in the command line

Post by xnview »

and if you wait a little, is it available?
Pierre.
exener

Re: JPEG Lossless Transformations not available when launch XnView MP with a file in the command line

Post by exener »

xnview wrote: Mon Jul 19, 2021 12:36 pm and if you wait a little, is it available?
Thanks for your reply Pierre.

I tried waiting a couple minutes, but it never becomes available.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

:bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
Pierre.
exener

Post by exener »

xnview wrote: Tue Jul 20, 2021 2:59 pm :bugconfirmed: Thanks to your detailed description I can reproduce the problem.
That's wonderful news Pierre. I'm glad I could help you.

Thank you for the marvelous software and for the bug fix.

I'm looking forward to lossless transformations whenever you find the time to release the next version.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.99.0. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.