1.91.2: ENTER Key doesn't go from Viewer back to Browser

Bugs found in XnView Classic. Please report only one bug per topic!

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

TideSwayer

1.91.2: ENTER Key doesn't go from Viewer back to Browser

Post by TideSwayer »

Since I installed v1.91.2 I can't use the ENTER key to go from the fullscreen viewer back to the browser. Using the ENTER key to go from the browser to the fullscreen viewer works just fine. It's a one-way ticket, and for me that sucks since I rely on usage of this key so heavily.

The last version I had installed prior to this was v1.91. I just reverted back and the ENTER key is working fine again both ways.

Is this a bug with v1.91.2 or am I going crazy?
Clo
XnThusiast

Check options---

Post by Clo »

:arrow: TideSwayer

:) Hello !

• It works perfectly here in the two directions.

- Maybe could you reset that option (set any other, then come back to it >> OK >> Restart XnView),
new entries are added in the INI, I'd also issues with my previous settings… :|

:mrgreen: KR
Claude
Clo
Old user ON SELECTIVE STRIKE till further notice
TideSwayer

Post by TideSwayer »

Damn. I tried that and it still didn't work. I tried uninstalling, removing the .ini completely and I still kept getting problems.

Oh well. I'll figure out something.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

TideSwayer wrote:Damn. I tried that and it still didn't work. I tried uninstalling, removing the .ini completely and I still kept getting problems.

Oh well. I'll figure out something.
Strange, i have no problem too
Pierre.
TideSwayer

Post by TideSwayer »

I just reinstalled v1.91.2 to give it another shot. This is what is currently happening for me:

If you are starting from the Browser, 'Browser <> Fullscreen | Viewer <Fullscreen> Viewer > Fullscreen', it gets stuck on the Viewer and ENTER won't bring me to Fullscreen. For 'Browser > Fullscreen > Viewer', it gets stuck on Fullscreen and ENTER won't bring me to the Viewer.

If I double-click on an image in a windows explorer folder to open it up in XnView, if opens it up in the XnView Viewer. At this point, pressing ENTER won't bring me to the Browser, no matter which option I have selected.

FWIW, the options for double-click and middle-click are all working fine.
TideSwayer

Post by TideSwayer »

Disregard the above post. My entire thing didn't copy and paste because using the arrows made it think I was using HTML. I'll just substitute parentheses in place of them....

I just reinstalled v1.91.2 to give it another shot. This is what is currently happening for me:

If you are starting from the Browser, 'Browser () Fullscreen | Viewer () Fullscreen' works fine. Pressing ENTER on a thumbnail will open it up in Fullscreen and then anothe press brings you back to the thumbnail Browser. If you open a thumbnail up in the Viewer (start from Browser, select a thumbnail, and hit the 'Open' button), ENTER won't bring you to the Fullscreen.

For the option 'Browser () Viewer', it gets stuck on the Viewer and ENTER won't close the active image tab to get back to the browser. I end up having to either close the image tab, double-click, or middle-click.

For 'Browser ) Viewer ) Fullscreen', it gets stuck on the Viewer and ENTER won't bring me to Fullscreen. For 'Browser ) Fullscreen ) Viewer', it gets stuck on Fullscreen and ENTER won't bring me to the Viewer.

If I double-click on an image in a windows explorer folder to open it up in XnView, if opens it up in the XnView Viewer. At this point, pressing ENTER won't bring me to the Browser, no matter which option I have selected.

FWIW, the options for double-click and middle-click are all working fine.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

TideSwayer wrote: If you are starting from the Browser, 'Browser () Fullscreen | Viewer () Fullscreen' works fine. Pressing ENTER on a thumbnail will open it up in Fullscreen and then anothe press brings you back to the thumbnail Browser. If you open a thumbnail up in the Viewer (start from Browser, select a thumbnail, and hit the 'Open' button), ENTER won't bring you to the Fullscreen.
For me, ENTER show picture in fullscreen. Do you have this strange behaviour even with a fresh .ini?
Pierre.
Rock

Re: 1.91.22 ENTER Key doesn't go from Viewer back to Browser

Post by Rock »

Lol, year - 2016, version - 2.38, and what I have? Same problem!

My settings:

My version of Windows is Ten.

I have my image in my lovely folder:

I use ENTER to open it in XNView. I prefer to use ENTER because it's easely than double click on touchpad. I never use mouse. So, I press ENTER:

Image is fullscreen opened, it's fine. But I want browse, so I press ENTER again and what I have? This:

WTF? It is the question. I don't need this f**king viewer, what I'm doing wrong?
Press ENTER again:

And press ENTER again:

Where is the browser? In 2076??? :D
Last edited by XnTriq on Wed Nov 02, 2016 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Changed screenshot size from fullres to thumbnail + link to fullres
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 1.91.22 ENTER Key doesn't go from Viewer back to Browser

Post by xnview »

in Options>general, what do you have in 'mode when starting a file'?
Pierre.