0.86 64 bits: Can’t open files with long full path

Older bugs which are supposed to be fixed in 0.84. *** Please try to reproduce your bug and confirm the bug fix. ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

RomanM

0.86 64 bits: Can’t open files with long full path

Post by RomanM »

XnView: MP 0.86 - 64 bit

XnViewMP fails to open files with full path longer than 255 characters.

Effect: file is not opened, sometimes no error is shown, sometimes error is shown.

To reproduce:
1. Create folder structure and place there .jpg file. Full .jpg file path must be longer than 255 characters. For example, my path is: “d:\FotoArchive\Album#2\Processed\003-Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipiscing elit. Quisque pharetra nulla a lacus imperdiet commodo. Vivamus lobortis iaculis augue, a malesuada magna pretium quis. Suspendisse fermentum placerat justo, at ultrices lib.jpg” or (with Russian characters in the file name) "d:\FotoArchive\Album#2\Processed\003-Анатолий (справа), брат Воровцовой Галины Федоровны и неизвестный. Надпись на обороте На память сестре Галине от брата Анатолия в дни моей службы в Германии. Помни вечно, дарю сердечно. Зыков. Германия. 1954. Лицевая сторона.jpg"
2. Open XnView MP and navigate to the folder with the .jpg file (e.g. d:\FotoArchive\Album#2\Processed\)
3. NOTE: file preview is shown correctly!
4. Double-click on the .jpg file.
Actual behaviour (bug): nothing happens, or (if there are Russian characters in the file path) this error is shown:
---------------------------
Warning
Ошибка при открытие файла <D:\FotoArchive\Album#2\Processed\0>
ОК

Expected behaviour: Image is shown.
krzysiu

Re: 0.86 64 bits: Can’t open files with long full path

Post by krzysiu »

Not a bug, as long as user didn't opt-in to new path length limits (https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/librar ... 85%29.aspx). In other case such files shouldn't exist and they are simply erroneous.
RomanM

Post by RomanM »

I have 1 as a value of the LongPathsEnabled registry key under the HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem, if I understood correctly, this means that I opted in for the long paths. But I'm still having this problem.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

See issue for current status and some details.
Pierre.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

This problem is supposed to be fixed in XnView MP 0.91. Please check and confirm the bug fix here.
Pierre.