0.82 Linux: wmf files not visible

Ask for help and post your question on how to use XnView MP.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Jadek

0.82 Linux: wmf files not visible

Post by Jadek »

XnView MP seems to be showing all other graphic files that I have, but not wmf's. The same generic graphic is shown instead. I tried going backwards & installing older versions, up to the version of about a year ago. The result is the same: no wmf's visible. Has anyone else experienced this, or have an idea on how to solve it? XnView MP is showing wmf's on our Win7 computer.

Running on a Lenovo B50 with Linux Mint 17.1 Cinnamon 64-bit

Thanks in advance.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: 0.82 Linux: wmf's not visible

Post by xnview »

On Linux, XnViewMP needs the tool wmftogif.
Pierre.
Jadek

Re: 0.82 Linux: wmf's not visible

Post by Jadek »

From much searching for wmftogif, I find two recurring thoughts. One, is that libwmf contains wmftogif, but I have had libwmf installed for a while on my laptop and it obviously yields no help, or I wouldn't have pointed out that wmf's are not visible. Two, is that ImageMagick is said to require wmftogif. ImageMagick has also been installed on my Linux Mint system for a while, but wmf's still do not show in XnView. I am able to view wmf's in Gnome's Image Viewer (3.10.2) that comes with Linux Mint.

If XnView is only able to display wmf's using a file that is frankly not available, simply say that the Linux version is not able to display wmf's, or at least reference a link where wmftogif may be obtained.