Self introduction

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

alexb

Self introduction

Post by alexb »

As I see, there's no specific board for self-introduction of new members, but I appreciate self introduction of new members into the forums where I'm am admin, so here I am.

I'm not a programmer, but I like programming a bit from some decades (my first experiences were in 1975-76...) . Presently I appreciate a lot python, even if I use it at a very low level. I'm working into wiki projects, mainly into wikisource, where some batch conversion on pdf, tiff, jpg and djvu files is needed. Nconvert can solve many issues, as I see from a test, successful multipage tiff->jpeg->djvu conversion I tried as soon as I downloaded Nconvert after some furious browsing of this forum. :wink:

Help into Nconvert is a little hard to understand, but I hope that merging it with forum's content will solve most of troubles. Thanks for your work and for this forum.
JohnFredC
XnThusiast

Re: Self introduction

Post by JohnFredC »

I like your approach Alex. Welcome to the forum and please contribute!
John
phoenix66

Re: Contacting moderators & admins

Post by phoenix66 »

Hello,

i'm new there and will more know over xnview. sorry,my english is pur.

Greetings phoenix66
helmut

Post by helmut »

phoenix66 wrote: Mon Oct 03, 2022 6:52 am Hello,

i'm new there and will more know over xnview. sorry,my english is pur.

Greetings phoenix66
Welcome to the XnView foroum, phoenix66. It's a good idea to peek around, first, the FAQ forum is of good use. If you should have a specific question which you cannot find an answer for, don't hesitate to post in the specific XnView forum. Best regards, Helmut
phoenix66

Post by phoenix66 »

thank you very much for the Answer. i'm sience 2018 Linuxuser.(LM-21 cinnamon 64bit) and can this software using only.
For me xnview MP. Few Functions are missing. Frame create and picture import from Camera.

Greetings phoenix66
Madkendo

Post by Madkendo »

Hi everyone. Retired UK resident. Found about this fine software from USA and Australian programmers. Also future Son-in-Law who is I.T .wizard
Look forward to experimenting and finally sorting 50 years worth of photographs.
Kenneth
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome aboard, Kenneth :-D I'm glad you've found us!
Mike Miller
Location: 1401 K St NW ,Washington, D.C. United States of America

Post by Mike Miller »

Hi, my name is Mike Miller and I'm a mechanical engineer with over a decade of experience in designing and developing industrial equipment. I received my Bachelor's degree in Mechanical Engineering from the University of Michigan and later went on to pursue a Master's degree in the same field from Stanford University.

Throughout my career, I've had the opportunity to work with a wide range of clients and industries, from automotive to aerospace to renewable energy. I specialize in creating innovative solutions to complex engineering challenges, and my work has resulted in several patents and industry awards.

In my current role, I lead a team of engineers in the development of cutting-edge manufacturing equipment for a major automotive company. We work closely with our clients to understand their needs and develop custom solutions that improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance overall productivity.

Outside of work, I enjoy hiking, biking, and exploring new cities with my wife and two children. I'm also an avid reader and enjoy staying up-to-date with the latest advancements in engineering and technology.

Overall, I'm passionate about engineering
yerffoeg

Post by yerffoeg »

Hi New here.

How do I post to this forum??

(Software fails download??)
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

Welcome to the forum yerffoeg, which software are you trying to download?
yerffoeg

Post by yerffoeg »

Thanks for your quick response.
The XnView win 64 bit.
I kept hitting restart download each time it stopped and I now have the software up and running.
Geoffrey
alekslv

Post by alekslv »

I love your program! Installed it on Windows 11, it works.