Spam and viruses

General info, hints, guidelines and rules for all XnView forums. Guests and new users please read here first.

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Spam and viruses

Post by Guest »

i'm getting spam and viruses from <B>REMOVED</B>

Pierre please check you email..
ckit
XnThusiast

Post by ckit »

Can you please send me a copy of these email/s to ckit.cthompson@gmail.com (to the Mods, i do not fear viruses or spam so leave my address as it is <Moderator's note: OK>)
AMD Ryzen 3 3300X 3.8Ghz, 16Gb DDR4, RX6600XT with Dell U2520D at 2560x1440@60Hz
Windows 11 Pro x64 23H2, PowerToys and Wintoys
Aokromes

Post by Aokromes »

For sure the trouble is that someone who has that mail on the adress book is infected with a virus, and of course it don't has nothing to do with Pierre.

spam & viruses..

Post by Guest »

i can't .. i've deleted the files.. may be when i get another emails.. i have old contact with Pierre two to three years ago.. nothing was new till last week .. i start receiving that emails in three to four a day
helmut

Post by helmut »

Pierre is definetely not the sender of Spam and viruses and neither his computer.

As ckit and Aokromes have pointed out already, these mails come from people who have viruses or a trojan on their computer. The virus / trojan simply uses the contacts in the person's mail address book (and other sources) and sends out messages to those people. The sender of the mail is faked (this can be done quite easily), for all I know it's also one of the entries in the address book.

So it's not the (faked) sender who has the virus / trojan, but a person who has a virus and both you and the (faked) sender in the address book.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Spam and viruses

Post by xnview »

I receive too, more than 500 mails per day with spam/virus from my own email ;-) but it's not me...
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

i'm not acusing Pierre .. i know that it maybe any one with our contacts .. but its better to check it..

as for today i've got nothing..

MAAD
Aokromes

Post by Aokromes »

You can see the source of the mail and see the source ip address of the infected mail and sending a mail to the isp asking mail that customer to clean.

Post by Guest »

thank you for the forgotten tip