How to rename all images with Numbers?

Post by kholyphoenix1 »

Hello,

How to rename all images with numbers?
Exemple: 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg....

Thanks !!
cday
XnThusiast

Re: How to rename all images with Numbers?

Post by cday »

kholyphoenix1 wrote:How to rename all images with numbers?
Example: 001.jpg, 002.jpg, 003.jpg....
Do you mean to output files with those names from XnConvert as they are created? I don't immediately see a way of doing that at present, although there may be a way, or it might possibly be added later... [Edit: see below for how to do it. :D ]

Or do you simply wish to rename existing files, whether or not created in XnConvert? If so that is possible using XnView Classic, in the file browser Edit > Rename... as below, but note that XnView Classic doesn't support Unicode characters such as foreign accents.

Image_1.png
Image_1.png (18.69 KiB) Viewed 2428 times
Otherwise, there are many freeware renaming utilities with widely varying interfaces that may require some thought to use, but often provide many powerful renaming methods that are beyond your immediate needs.

Edit:

Setting '###' in the XnConvert Output Filename field does in fact result in output files named as you requested, so files can be created or renumbered that way directly from XnConvert... :D

That naming option doesn't seem to be listed in the Filename dropdown list on the Output tab, so seems to be undocumented.. :?:
kholyphoenix1

Post by kholyphoenix1 »

Sorry, i'm using Linux...
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

kholyphoenix1 wrote:Sorry, i'm using Linux...
XnConvert is cross-platform so should support your Linux distro, and contrary to the start of my reply above, XnConvert should be able to name files as you wish either when the files are created, or be used to rename exiting files...