0.84: Loss of "exif thumbnail" indicator in browser mode

*** Please report new bugs here! ***

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview, Dreamer

Markorki

0.84: Loss of "exif thumbnail" indicator in browser mode

Post by Markorki »

When in explorer mode, and in "thumbnails" display mode, there are small indicators in the lower part of the thumbnail, indicating "EXIF integrated thumbnail", "EXIF metadata", "IPTC metadata", "EXIF rotation used for display", "GPS info", "XMP info", etc...
The info "EXIF integrated thumbnail" sometimes gets lost.
Example , here is a screen copy where XnView-classic is in background and XnView-MP 0.84 in foreground, both in explorer mode, **on_the_same_folder**.

Well, the image is pretty large, maybe it is not complete seen in the forum; you can get it separately at this address : http://sebmortum.free.fr/images_publiqu ... lassic.png

You can see the same files in both explorers, they have indicators of integrated thumnails in "classic" XnView, not in XnView-MP.

This bug does not occur in every folder, and probably not in every sort mode.

A clue to try to solve this bug : it seems (from a few examples I tried) that when all the images of a folder contain an integrated thumbnail , the indicator disappears after the first video file shown in the display :
Here, too, every jpg file has an "integrated thumbnail"indicator if open in XnView-Classic :

The indicator of integrated thumnail disappears after MVI_6650, the first video file displayed.
Dommage, l'était sympa cette planète ;-(
Markorki

Re: Loss of "exif thumbnail" indicator in explorer mode

Post by Markorki »

I reply to my post :
the "clue" I give at the end of my previous post is false : I found many folders where there is no video file, and where jpg files are displayed without the indicator "integrated thumbnail" by XnView-MP, and where XnView-classic displays the indicator (icon ?).
Anyway, I never strip the integrated thumbnail ("EXIF thumbnail") from my pictures, except when I resize an image to a very small size (240*320) to keep a trace of failed images without keeping the disk space of original "fine jpg" or raw images delivered by my DSC.
Dommage, l'était sympa cette planète ;-(
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Loss of "exif thumbnail" indicator in explorer mode

Post by xnview »

with same thumbnail size?
Pierre.
helmut

Re: 0.84: Loss of "exif thumbnail" indicator in browser mode

Post by helmut »

Thank you for your bug report and your long term membership in the XnView forum, Markorki. :)

I've tried to reproduce your problem with some success:
When unchecking "Use embedded thumbnails" in Settings: Browser » Thumbnails and then browsing the directory the info icon "Embedded thumbnail" is no longer shown. :bug:

Is this the bug you experience, Markorki? Is "Use embedded thumbnails" unchecked in your settings?