Problems with .cdr (corel draw) format [VB]

Discussions on GFL SDK, the graphic library for reading and writing graphic files

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

Dennis

Problems with .cdr (corel draw) format [VB]

Post by Dennis »

I have been seeing the code of the VB examples and making slight modifications (in concrete in example 11) to prove the different formats that are able to visualize the GFL SDK library.

I haven't had any problems with GIF, jpg, bmp, png, ICO, cur, etc archives, but when I have tried to see "cdr" (Corel Draw) I have not been able to.

Does the GFL SDK library support this format ? What could I do wrong?
helmut

Re: Problems with .cdr (corel draw) format [VB]

Post by helmut »

For all I know XnView and GFL SDK cannot really read Corel Draw files. They both can only read the preview stored in a Corel Draw file. The preview is an optional part of the Corel Draw format, so for those Corel Draw images that have been saved with a preview, you can see/open them using XnView or GFL SDK, but not for all the other ones. Sure enough, the preview is just a preview and of poor quality.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

Do you know another free library that supports .cdr format?

Thx
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

By the way, if I want see the preview of a cdr file, can I use the same functions I use to see other formats ?

Would I have to use anothers load params ? which ones ?
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Problems with .cdr (corel draw) format [VB]

Post by xnview »

Dennis wrote:I haven't had any problems with GIF, jpg, bmp, png, ICO, cur, etc archives, but when I have tried to see "cdr" (Corel Draw) I have not been able to.
Does the GFL SDK library support this format ? What could I do wrong?
Sorry GFL SDK doesn't support CDR format!
Regards. Pierre.
Dennis

Post by Dennis »

But XnView can read CDR, at least his preview....

Can I do that with GFL SDK? I mean, visualize the preview image if the CBR archive has one
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Dennis wrote:But XnView can read CDR, at least his preview....
Can I do that with GFL SDK? I mean, visualize the preview image if the CBR archive has one
Sorry but the CDR preview loading is not in GFL SDK!
Regards. Pierre.