Using file date for video clips

Bugs and Suggestions in XnView Classic which have been resolved

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

B.Douille

Using file date for video clips

Post by B.Douille »

When using either Batch Rename or Change Timestamps for video files, the date proposed is wrong, maybe 29/11/1617 01:03 or 01/01/1601 01:00:00 where the actual date of the file is 05-07-2001 19:29.
This happens because the file has been opened for playing in the browser, even if the preview has ended. As this is the default option to show clips in browser it occurs by default 8)

Pierre, I though having escalated this one already months ago. Maybe it was through e-mail.
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: Using file date for video clips

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote:When using either Batch Rename or Change Timestamps for video files, the date proposed is wrong, maybe 29/11/1617 01:03 or 01/01/1601 01:00:00 where the actual date of the file is 05-07-2001 19:29.
This happens because the file has been opened for playing in the browser, even if the preview has ended. As this is the default option to show clips in browser it occurs by default 8)
Which date? Movie files have no exif date time!
Pierre.
foxyshadis

Post by foxyshadis »

Presumably the file creation or modification time (which is how I catalogue my photos and movies, never bothered with exif).
B.Douille

Post by B.Douille »

It is the file dates (modification or creation) that are impacted. The problem still in 1.90 RC2.

The option "Autoplay for Video/Audio" in Browser > Preview page has no impact.
The problem is only if the option "Show in preview" is ticked for video files in Browser > File list page. As this is the default option the problem is there, by default.
Note: I've found that disabling the option as described above trigger another issue: The image size reported becomes wrong. I reported a similar issue related to file size some weeks ago, fixed in B2: http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.p ... highlight=
The date in the information pane is always correct.
B.Douille

file date for video clips

Post by B.Douille »

Hello Pierre, can you have a look at this bug ? It is still there.

Short reminder of the problem:
For video file, the file dates are wrong (Modified Date, Creation Date, Accessed Date). The dates are mostly in years 1600, at a time where there was no digital pictures :wink:
These wrong dates appears in using the tools "Change Timestamp" or in "Batch rename".

Thanks in advance
xnview
Author of XnView

Re: file date for video clips

Post by xnview »

B.Douille wrote:Hello Pierre, can you have a look at this bug ? It is still there.

Short reminder of the problem:
For video file, the file dates are wrong (Modified Date, Creation Date, Accessed Date). The dates are mostly in years 1600, at a time where there was no digital pictures :wink:
These wrong dates appears in using the tools "Change Timestamp" or in "Batch rename".

Thanks in advance
Yes will be fixed in next release...
Pierre.
Max Monroe

Post by Max Monroe »

This is still an issue. In version 1.94.2. I'm using XPSP2, on FAT32.

- In "Change timestamp" for videos only (AVIs), the file created and file changed date-time is garbage (years like 1600-something or 2210 or 22343, and the rest of the date-time is also bad).

- It might indeed have something to do with the file being opened for preview, because on multiple selected videos, the one selected last (being previewed) has bad dates, the rest of the videos seem OK.

- unchecking "preview->auto play..." and / or "preview->show first frame..." has no effect, the date is still wrong.
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Max Monroe wrote: - In "Change timestamp" for videos only (AVIs), the file created and file changed date-time is garbage (years like 1600-something or 2210 or 22343, and the rest of the date-time is also bad).
Right i confirm
Pierre.
B.Douille

Fixed: Using file date for video clips

Post by B.Douille »

It works fine in version 1.95, now both for change timestamp and batch rename.

Thanks Pierre