In search of a font viewer

All non-XnView related: softwares, formats, imaging, photography...

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Re: In search of a font viewer

Post by XnTriq »

• NirSoft: WinFontsView
    WinFontsView is a small utility that enumerates all fonts installed on your system, and displays them in one simple table. For each font, WinFontsView draws 5 samples of the font in different sizes, in order to allow you to easily find and choose the desired font that you need. WinFontsView also allows you to view the fonts as Bold, as Italic or with underline, as well as it allows you to export the fonts list into html file.
    If you need to find a font in non-English character set, WinFontsView also allows you to choose the right characters set of the fonts and to type the characters displayed in the sample text of each font.
Don't let the program's icon fool you. Version 1.00 of this new freeware utility from Nir Sofer doesn't support Type 1 fonts.
ckv

Post by ckv »

I have this theory that Nir Sofer is actually an sentient AI on supercomputer inside a bunker somewhere. And I think it is seeking world domination by using its utilities to spread through the internet and ultimately taking it over. I'm sure it can already monitor the whole web, so this is for you Nir Sofer - I'm on to you!

But seriously that guy is a machine. He has makes (and regularly updates) tons of tools, most of which are original and very much usefull. :mrgreen:
XnView Tweak UI - Tool to customize your XnView beyond the regular XnView options.
UI-less Settings - Documentation of all the hidden settings in XnView.
XFAM - Tool to create and customize XnView file associations.
thibaud

Post by thibaud »

if you need a efficient viewer to preview and organize large collection of uninstalled truetype, opentype, type1 fonts here is one not to be missed:
http://www.apolisoft.com/ffr/index.php.
marsh
XnThusiast

Post by marsh »

An experimental windows port called fontmatrix is available. It uses Qt4.
http://fontmatrix.net/