Slideshow - launch image?

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

JeffL

Slideshow - launch image?

Post by JeffL »

I'm sorry if this has been covered, I've searched and have not been able to find any way to launch XnView with the current image in a slideshow, is this possible?

I thought instinctively it would be doubleclick the image, but that simply ends the slideshow.

Jeff
JeffL

Re: Slideshow - launch image?

Post by JeffL »

Anyone? Any way to launch the current image in a slideshow into the full XnView window?
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

Welcome aboard, Jeff.

Depending on your configuration (Tools » Options… » Keyboard/Mouse » Keyboard), the space bar (and Pause) are the shortcuts for Quick Slideshow in view mode. Is that what you're looking for?
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

Thanks for the reply.

No, this does not seem to be what I am looking for.

I set a slideshow to run in a 320 x 240 window, and it works beautifully.... but what I am wanting is a way to open the current image into XnView. Instead of displaying in the small slideshow window, I would like to select a given image into the full application window.

Does that make sense?

Thanks again for your help

Jeff
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

So you'd like to have a specific image in a slideshow to be opened in XnView while the slideshow is running?
Are we talking about a “stand-alone” slideshow (Create » Slide Show... » Create SCR/EXE...)?
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

XnTriq wrote:So you'd like to have a specific image in a slideshow to be opened in XnView while the slideshow is running?
Yes, exactly!
Are we talking about a “stand-alone” slideshow (Create » Slide Show... » Create SCR/EXE...)?
I saved it as an .SLD file and executed that. Saving as an .EXE results in a massive file, as I have 5000+ images in that folder.
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

JeffL wrote:I saved it as an .SLD file and executed that.
I don't think that's currently possible.

Related request: Load/Save slideshow list to a text file?
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

XnTriq wrote:
JeffL wrote:I saved it as an .SLD file and executed that.
I don't think that's currently possible.

Related request: Load/Save slideshow list to a text file?
That was my fear. I see from that thread, the requester also wanted to zoom the current image in the slideshow, that's something I was also hoping for.

And, since you pointed out about the .EXE/.SCR (versus the ,SLD that I am using), I think this is also the reason I see another icon in the taskbar, which is a "Ghost" XnView window, while the .SLD is running. If I close this window, the slideshow exits too. I would really like to have no XnView frame window running while the .SLD is running, and, also be able to zoom the current slideshow image, AND, be able to click that image to then launch XnView with that image.

Sounds like none of this is currently possible, but hopefully this can be implemented.

Thank you again for your answers.

Jeff
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

Thanks. I see from the second link, this very request was asked in 2010... :( after 7 years I'm afraid it may not be very high on the priority list
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

JeffL wrote:I see from the second link, this very request was asked in 2010... :( after 7 years I'm afraid it may not be very high on the priority list
Since Pierre's the only developer of all these free programs, he has to set priorities. The main reason why I put these lists together is to give him an overview of what kind of enhancements have been requested the most. So who knows — perhaps he'll consider implementing this in one of the next versions.
JeffL

Post by JeffL »

Thank you again for your help, very much appreciated.