Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

kiwiii

Image: Add text

Post by kiwiii »

Hi,
and first of all I DO LOVE XnView : THANX SOOOO MUCH FOR YOUR HARD WORK ! :D

Then of course I have one suggestion please :
I do miss a better TEXT Tool, I mean that would be more user friendly, quick, so as to write directly on pictures, then change the size, font, etc...

I guess I could use an " in context " mode and writing for adding notes.
Please ? 2017 wish ? ;o)))))))

NB : In XnViewMP the tool is completely missing ---> that makes it impossible for me to switch to the brand new XnViewMP (sad cause I like it)
There also for instance, I miss sliders... for "VIGNETTE" for example... would be much more user friendly again.

Voilà, j'espère que cela aidera au succès de XnView (oui je suis français)
JOYEUX NOEL

>vincent de Paris. ;o)
cday
XnThusiast

Re: ****Image : ADD TEXT

Post by cday »

kiwiii wrote:I do miss a better TEXT Tool, I mean that would be more user friendly, quick, so as to write directly on pictures, then change the size, font, etc...
Bonjour Vincent,

You would like to be able to edit text after an image is saved? If that is the case, it isn't possible using XnView software as the text is permanently 'burned' into the image when it is saved... The only way to maintain editability of text is to use a software that supports layers, such as Adobe Photoshop or Elements, no doubt GIMP, and possibly Paint.NET.
In XnViewMP the tool is completely missing ---> that makes it impossible for me to switch to the brand new XnViewMP (sad cause I like it)
A paint function (Image > Draw...) has finally been added to XnView MP in 0.84 beta [Windows 64-bit only for the beta] which you can download from the forum MP - Beta Testing section and test. JOYEUX NOEL ! :D
I miss sliders... for "VIGNETTE" for example... would be much more user friendly again.
That request would probably be better made as a separate thread...