Multiple outputs

Ideas for improvements and requests for new features in XnView Classic

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

obelisk

Multiple outputs

Post by obelisk »

When I do a CTRL-U and I have scripts to make resized version for web or client use.
What I'd like is to use 1 script to resize then save the result as 2 files, eg 1 jpg and 1 tiff/bmp/etc
instead of running 2 scripts and wasting time.
danajohnson

Re: Multiple outputs

Post by danajohnson »

Is there any current issue of XnView which can accommodate a sequential multiple file type saving action from one control input? I have always needed this badly, and the topic here is very old.
I often use differing file types in each version of an image, and I use many variations of each image resulting in massive waste of time obtaining a set of sequential operations by hand. Any suggestions? Can XnView be expanded for that option?
sincerely, danajohnson,
XnTriq
Moderator & Librarian

Post by XnTriq »

danajohnson wrote:Is there any current issue of XnView which can accommodate a sequential multiple file type saving action from one control input?
No, this feature hasn't been implemented yet.
XnTriq ([url=http://newsgroup.xnview.com/viewtopic.php?p=124058#p124058]Resize to multiple files at once[/url]) wrote:VarieDrop (freeware) isn't nearly as versatile as XnView, but it comes with an innovative UI.

See also: Batch processing via button
cday
XnThusiast

Post by cday »

There is no way at present to process images and then output the resulting file(s) directly with multiple file extensions, if that is what you are requesting? Or to output at alternaive pixel sizes, which has been requested recently.

But there should be work-arounds that come fairly close to providing the same convenience...

If you are familiar with using the command line, it would be possible to place multiple NConvert instructions in a batch file, which could be run by double-clicking the file, to produce multiple output files with different extensions or other properties directly.

Alternatively, XnConvert has an option in the 'Settings' tab to load the last script used at startup, and since it is possible to use multiple instances of the program, it should be possible to produce alternative outputs from the same input file(s) quite easily.

In either case the detailed approach would depend on the overall result to be achieved, either repeating the same actions except for the last operation in parallel processes, or simply converting the outputs from previous operations into alternative file formats, for example.
obelisk

multiple outputs

Post by obelisk »

I want to batch job in XnView to multiple scripts. If I resize 20 pics to 1 size it takes 2-3min. Now I have to do it again for 3 more sizes.
If I could specify the 4 scripts to run on the set of pics, I don't have to sit around. Maybe you save time too, as you only read each source file once.

Yes I know XnConvert can supposedly do this , but it's not a viewer. If you could get XnView to call out XnConvert to do the work that would be OK maybe.