Cannot exit fullscreen mode

Questions, suggestions, and answers for XnView on all Un*x platforms (Linux, HP-UX, AIX, ...)

Moderators: XnTriq, helmut, xnview

oizo

Cannot exit fullscreen mode

Post by oizo »

Hey There!
First of all: Great Software! I tested it under Win and now installed it on my Linux System. Both working nearly perfect but i have a litle prob with the Linux Version 1.68.1.
I can press Ctrl-F to enter Fullsreen Mode, but when i press it IN Fullscreen mode nothing happens. I can navigate the folder, but can't Exit Fullscreen. The only way is Ctrl-O which kills the program or switch to another TTY and kill it from there.
I use XnView 1.68.1 under the Download Version of Mandrake Linux 9.2 and KDE 3.1

I hope you can read my poor English.
Greetings from Germany - 'Old Europe' :wink:
Steve
helmut

Re: Cannot exit fullscreen mode

Post by helmut »

oizo wrote:...I can navigate the folder, but can't Exit Fullscreen...
I haven't got a Linux version of XnView, but have you tried the 'Esc' key to exit fullscreen mode? This is the key for the windows version and might work in the Linux version, too.

Gruß aus Frankfurt/Main.

Post by Guest »

Grüß' dich Helmut! :)
I tried the 'Esc'-Key but nothing happens!
And i made a mistake in the above Posting: I press Ctrl-Q to Exit Fullscreen, not Ctrl-O! But that not only exits the Fullscreen, Ctrl-Q quits the whole Programm.
By the way: All other Keyboard Shortcuts don't Work in Fullscreen. 'Ctrl-Q' is the only one working fine.

greetings!
steve
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:Grüß' dich Helmut! :)
And i made a mistake in the above Posting: I press Ctrl-Q to Exit Fullscreen, not Ctrl-O! But that not only exits the Fullscreen, Ctrl-Q quits the whole Programm.
By the way: All other Keyboard Shortcuts don't Work in Fullscreen. 'Ctrl-Q' is the only one working fine.
Which desktop and distribution do you use?
Pierre.
oizo

Re: Cannot exit fullscreen mode

Post by oizo »

oizo wrote:I use XnView 1.68.1 under the Download Version of Mandrake Linux 9.2 and KDE 3.1
XFree86 4.3, patch level 23mdk
Release 40300000
Version 11.0
KDE v3.1.3
ATI Proprietary Linux Driver 3.7.0 (Needed vor OpenGL. I prefer Open Source :mrgreen: )

greetings
Steve

Post by Guest »

HI there,
I've the same problem as Steve!
Cant't leave fullscreen mode! (only by pressing Ctrl+Q or pressing Ctrl+W twice )

I'm using Suse 8.2!

CUrs
xnview
Author of XnView

Post by xnview »

Anonymous wrote:HI there,
I've the same problem as Steve!
Cant't leave fullscreen mode! (only by pressing Ctrl+Q or pressing Ctrl+W twice )
I'm using Suse 8.2!
CUrs
Ok, i'll check.
Pierre.

Post by Guest »

xnview wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Grüß' dich Helmut! :)
Which desktop and distribution do you use?
Pierre.

Same problem with Suse 9.1 Professional

Margo
Tallinn, Estonia
Markus

Post by Markus »

Same problem on Debian Sarge!

Hope for a fix soon, as the program is perfect, but without the option to exit the fullscreenmode I can't use it as a viewer :-/

Any news on that topic?
Best regards, Markus

Post by Guest »

Markus wrote:Same problem on Debian Sarge!

Hope for a fix soon, as the program is perfect, but without the option to exit the fullscreenmode I can't use it as a viewer :-/

Any news on that topic?
Best regards, Markus
Same happen here! Any ideas? Help needed! Thanks.
Adambat

It's not only the problem of exiting full screen mode

Post by Adambat »

I have the same problem it worked fine for about 1 day but then full screen mode staped reacting to kaybord (exept ctrl+q wich quits the program) so not only U can't exit ful screen mode U can't move photos back and forword or rotate or save U can't do antything requaring kaybord - thakfully maus still works

Aurox Linux Gnome.

Post by guest »

Same Problem, hope they are going to fix it! Also using Mandrake 10!

The only way to "work around it" is to mark the pictures and do a "slideshow"
with the option use keyboard or mouse (instead of time...).
Even in fullview you can go back without quitting the program and with the two mousebuttons you can go back and forth in the line of pictures.
still this is not the best way....
kimchee411

Post by kimchee411 »

SAME HERE

I'm using Fedora Core 2 with Gnome and Metacity...

Re: Cannot exit...

Post by Guest »

Same here...

FreeBSD 5.3 RC1 - KDE 3.3 - xnview 1.68

Post by Guest »

Same here ... Debian Sid.

Why isn't there a fix out there or an update of 1.68.1 ?
It is SUCH A NICE tool, but without the possibility of leaving the fullscreen mode, it is unusable :-(

Best regards, Markus